- The catalog allows participants of the data space to find, search and register data or services on the data space
- These assets are described through GAIA-X compliant self descriptions that can be easily shared with any other data space catalog
This video shows how a catalog works, it is here operated by the Visions data intermediary. Through the Prometheus-X philosophy and open source building blocks, any other player can reuse the code and operate a similar service. Through this same approach, any service or dataset registered in one implementation of the catalog can easily be presented by another (see Architecture).
Start date: T0 (expected: Q1 2023)
End date : T0 + 4 months
Duration (in months): 4
- First version of such a catalog service implemented by Visions
- code to be released in Q1 2023
The objective of this building block is to provide a cataloging service for the services and data available in the data network enabled by Prometheus. Each organization will be able to find the datasets it is interested in and the conditions of use of these datasets, it will then be able to choose the datasets it is interested in and launch a contracting process. The catalog will also include a search function.
Each organization can also declare a data set on the catalog, describe it and its conditions.
Prometheus will propose from its website an interface to interact with this catalog as well as an API to allow any other system to interact with this catalog. This catalog will be the showcase of all the data and services available on the network enabled by Prometheus.
API and interface allowing :
- Register, modify, delete a service or dataset to be made available in the catalog
- Save, modify, delete the description and the conditions of use of a service or dataset in the catalog
- Find a service or dataset in the catalog based on different criteria (type of data, type of data source, type of service, condition of use, price, etc)
- Notify your interest in a service or dataset and notify the provider with your information
- Ensure verification of the identities of organizations that interact with the catalog via interaction with the identity service (task 1.4)
- Ensure access rights to the API functionalities according to the service governance decided by Prometheus
The API will be developed based on existing code provided by one of the founding members of Prometheus, Visions, which is developing a similar service through VisionsTrust (visionstrust.com).
- State of the art of the latest developments in dataset and service description standards (GAIA X, IDSA, iShare, OASC)
- Definition of the architecture of the API endpoints in accordance with the technical recommendations of GAIA-X and DSSC
- Quantitative inventory of the main dataset and service description standards
- Development of the endpoints necessary for the list of functionalities described above, starting from the available code made available by Visions
- expression of data in JSON-LD format to ensure interoperability with other data spaces
- API testing with model datasets provided by Prometheus volunteer partners (see support list)
- integration with the contracting (task 1.3), consent (task 1.2), monitoring (task 1.6) and identity (task 1.4) services
- Deployment of the service in a managed version in one of the partner cloud providers
- Development of automated service deployment scripts for multi-cloud use (infrastructure as code e.g. Terraform) at partner cloud providers
- Writing of public documentation, publication of the code according to the standards decided by Prometheus, hosting and uploading on the Prometheus platform
Documents : Specification, state of the art and quantitative study
T0 + 2
Development of the service and production launch in beta version (v0)
T0 + 3
QA test report + interconnection tests with contracting, consent and identity services
T0 + 4
Development of final version (v1) of the service + multi-cloud deployment scripts