- This building block provides a true human-centric data empowerment. Its objective is to help people manage their consents and find the services that are the closest to their needs.
- Indeed in a data ecosystem with tens of different applications people will have to provide a lot of consents and will not have the time to fine tune each one.
- The consent agent will match a person's “consent profile” with the terms and conditions of the services of the ecosytem to propose to the person the most suitable services according to their needs and to what they allow on their data.
Start date: T0 (expected: Q1 2024)
End date : T0 + 12 months
Duration (in months): 12
- Developments have yet to start
This would help prevent “consent fatigue” where people, for instance, always accept cookies because they don’t have the time to configure each parameter each time.
The consent agent will rely on Prometheus-X’s consent management building block and enhance it with these matching functionalities.
- 1.As a person I determine my data ecosystem profile: what am I looking for, what I will accept or not on my data and under what conditions
- 2.As an organisation I also determine my profile: terms and conditions of my service
- 3.The consent agent compares these profiles and presents to the person the closest matching service, with explanations and a preconfigured consent
- 4.The person can choose if they provide it or not
- 5.The person can ask for a modification and the service can accept it or not (change the duration of conservation, provide less data than demanded, etc)
- 6.My agent learns from my preferences
Several tasks are needed to operate this:
- 1.In depth legal analysis and a Privacy Impact Assessment of the functionality, ensuring its compliance with GDPR and the Data Governance Act
- 2.Terms and conditions and consents described in a standardized way, enabling their comparison
- 3.Modeling of the contractual relationship and of the negotiation
- 4.Machine learning algorithm to update the model based on user interaction
The building block design and development will work closely with the stakeholders to achieve these tasks and objectives.
- ODRL: to describe consents, contracts and terms of conditions
- Kantara consent receipt
Visions will be leading the task as it already provides consent and contract management functionalities through its VisionsTrust data intermediary. Visions has developed the Prometheus-X consent and contract building blocks based on ODLR. Visions has already been working on a modeling of consent negotiating and prediction and will contribute it to the project as well as an anonymized datasets of over 50000 consents.
Nomad Labs will provide decentralized data governance expertise.
Last modified 2mo ago